Open Cut Examiner (OCE)
The role of an Open Cut Examiner (OCE) is not only a statutory role, but a vital part of all open cut coal mines and requires those appointed to the role to be conscientious, competent and safety oriented in order to create a safe, healthy and productive mining environment that will assist in sustaining the commercial viability of the operation.
The process of being eligible as an OCE requires individuals to undergo years of practical experience in the field as well as attaining their Cert IV qualification and passing two intense examinations.
Our RII40220 Certificate IV in Surface Coal Mining (OCE) program provides comprehensive, integrated, fit for purpose, practical training utilising the expertise of a wide variety of industry professionals.
Our proven and highly successful training program incorporates not just training candidates in the units of competency but setting them up for success with study programs (catering to all learning styles), digital app’s, audio files and study tools which have been created by us with the candidates in mind. Our success rate speaks for itself.
A typical solution includes:
- Mapping of the candidates existing competencies to the RII40220 competency (including a gap analysis to determine what training is needed, what can be RPL’d and what can be credited)
- Develop learning path that aligns with the candidate and business’ expectations and timeframes
- Facilitate Certificate IV training, including full qualification training, upgrade (typically from RII40215 to RII40220) and refresher training
- Assist the learner to prepare and submit their application to the Board of Examiners
- Mentoring and study preparation for the written law exam
- Coaching and study preparation for the oral exam
Jarah offer customised tailored programs to suit your business needs, with programs available for 1:1, small group and remote training.
We are currently supporting many candidates and clients across the entire Bowen Basin and Central Queensland regions.
- Current OCE’s who need to upgrade/refresh their certification
- Future OCE candidates (trainees) who are wanting to take the next step in their career
- Candidates who need help with written and oral exam preparation and/or ‘resit’ exams
- Production supervisors who require skills from the Cert IV as part of meeting the requirements of CMSH Act s.55 and Recognised Standard 22.